Scrapbook It, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Scrapbookers!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 Empty
PostSubject: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:18 pm

I just finished Shutter Island. I guessed the ending by the 2nd chapter. I hate it when that happens. I felt like I wasted my time reading it. I have not watched the movie yet? Has anyone seen it?

I also finished Ellen Foster (yep that is the title, not the author.) This one is for my monthly book club at the library. Very shot read. I was not impressed, but finished since I will go to the library meeting. Guess I should know the story line if I'm going to a meeting about the book! hahaha!

I am currently reading The Giver. Terry, it is definitely different, but I think I will finish it.

Still have not read The Secret Life of Bees, but it's on my night stand.

During Easter I read a lot of the four Gospels. I also read quite a bit of Nehemiah for my Sunday School lesson last week.

If anyone is reading or listening to books please participate in our thread. I will try to continue to do one every other week, as long as you gals enjoy it.

Tam study
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:32 pm

I haven't read The Secret Life of Bees but I did see the movie. I liked it. May try the book. I just finished the Restoration series by Terri Blackstock. I really enjoyed it. The last book was a tear jerker but very good. I am listening to Everelost now. Just started it on the way home so haven't listened to much of it. Will let everyone know how it is.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapbookitllc.niceboards.net
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am

I like seeing what everyone is reading, even though I don't read a lot of the things that you talk about. Right now I am reading, studying a book called The Lamb/The Lion, by Jim E. Waldron. It is a commentary on the book of Revelation. I started it some time ago and enjoyed it very much but had to take a break to do some other reading, but I am about to start chapter 14 and am learning so much about the prophecy of the book as well as the history of what was happening in the world at that time.

I have also been spending time reading about the birth of Jesus. I have been teaching that in our Bible class for last several weeks and we are about to move on to the life of Jesus, so I will be studying that more. Of course when your class is two and three year olds, you have to process the information in such a way that you can tell them things that they can understand.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Ronda, I enjoy knowing about you preparing for your class. It helps me with my group of children at our church. It is true that you look at scripture from a different standpoint when you must break it down for little ones! Sometimes it is good to see it through their eyes, since Christ wants us to be as humble as those small children.

I have meant to mention a website to you. It is www.daniellesplace.com. It is a wonderful site for Sunday school teacers. I have a subscription, but there are also several free lesson plans. It does not teach from a specific denominational point of view, but allows the teacher to use the information and apply to their specific church. It also has great ideas for crafts for your grandbabies!

UPDATE on the novels I am reading. I finished The Giver, it was very unusual and I don't know that I care to read any more from that author. I am working on The Secret Life of Bees and am really enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

When I finish Everlost I am thinking of Gone With the Wind or To Kill a Mockingbird. These are 2 of my all time favorite books and movies. I'm kinda in a nostalgic mood right now.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapbookitllc.niceboards.net
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Terry, I just re-read To Kill A Mockingbird before we started the message board. It never grows old! I read a list of books that are on this year's list of most opposed due to content and this one is still in the top 10! I have to say, concerning the content, that it is sooooo mild compared to most new age novels and movies! Oh well. I wish my son loved to read as much as I do. That book would certainly be one that I would want him to enjoy. They read a shorter abridged version in high school now. I think that is so sad, because this book is just a wonderful classic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2   What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week?  #2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone reading, (or listening) to this week? #2
Page 1 of 1