Scrapbook It, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Scrapbookers!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? Empty
PostSubject: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

I just began The Lost Symbol and The Secret Life of Bees. Last week I finished Water for Elephants. There was some language and a couple of situations in Water for Elephants, but overall an interesting read. I can tell The Lost Symbol follows the usual pattern of the author's other novels, so I'm not sure it will hold my interest. I have several books on hold at the library that I should get in the next week or so. What is everyone else into this week?
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:35 pm

This is great! I hope that we can all stay in touch with each other through this forum as well as at scrapbooking events. I am glad that you set this up for us Terry.
I have been working on coloring pictures for classes that I plan to teach in the future at church. Also I have started a knitting project for the newest grandbaby that is due in August. Have spent a little time shopping for quilt material for a couple of quilts I want to get made in the near future.
There seems to be a never ending list of things I want to do and need to do. I haven't been reading just for pleasure lately. I have been studying a book called Catepillars or Butterflies, by Jane McWhorter and have been spending time studying about what we should think about in the Bible.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Rhonda, sounds like you are keeping busy as usual! I just watched a short clip on tv about butterflies and how they travel such long distances. It is really interesting!

Last week I taught about Palm Sunday with my Sunday School children. I gave them artificial palm leaves with Hosanna written on them. We had a parade in our room and they waved them and said Hosanna, Hosanna. It was really sweet.

Have a great Easter weekend!
Back to top Go down
linda
Scrapper
Scrapper

PostSubject: What is everyone reading or listening to this week.   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm

I seldom read for enjoyment. I have been watching the birds building their new nests and listening to their beatiful little voices. In the mornings they just sing their little hearts out. Having this broke arm has certainly slowed me down and has allowed me to really enjoy the new spring growth, birds, squirrels and even the old ground hog in my back yard. Since my driving is limited, I miss seeing all my scrapping friends.

Hope everyone has a joyous Easter!
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:47 pm

Hey Linda! The Lord works all things for the good. Look at the blessing that old ground hog has gotten from your attention! Very Happy I'm glad to hear from you and hope your arm is healing. I had a great time sitting next to you at the retreat.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey Linda. Glad to see you on here. I hope you will become a regular with us. This is so exciting. I love being able to keep up and chat with everyone. Happy Easter.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapbookitllc.niceboards.net
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 pm

Linda,
I did not know about your arm, what happened? It does make it difficult to do most things when you have the use of only one arm.

Hope you will recover quickly.

Ronda
Back to top Go down
Samz
Mod
Mod

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:52 am

Well now, I missed this topic my first time through!!
Let's see what I've been reading:
Kill and Tell by Linda Howard-It was ok. I'm having trouble finding the second book in the series, All the Queen's Men
To Die For by Linda Howard-Looking for the 2nd book
Hunted and Tempted by PC Cast
Currently: Deception by Jonathan Kellerman

I have re-read Hunger Games........again. I just haven't had a book hit me the way this one, Harry Potter and Twilight have. If anyone has any good recommendatons, I'm always looking!!
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:41 am

I made a stop at the library yesterday. I had 3 books waiting. I picked up Shutter Island by Dennis LeHane, Messenger by Lois Lowry, and Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons. Ellen Foster is next months Book Club read, so I have a while to finish it. I probably won't read it until the end of the month draws near.

I'm still reading The Lost Symbol. I do like it, but it is a slower read because it is detailed.

Sam, have you read The Giver by Lois Lowry? I need to know if I should read it before I read Messenger. I don't know if her books need to be read in order.

Ladies if everyone is interested I will try to start a reading thread every other week. study
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:57 am

Tammy I have read The Giver. Be prepared. It is very different. That is the only book I have read by this author. Sorry. Don't know if it maters about order.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks. I will check on a summary online and see what it says about the subject, and the order of the books.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Terry, I did my homework and the 3 books by Lois Lowry do need to be read in order. The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger. I will pick up The Giver and see if I think it is interesting or just strange.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Tammy it is just very different from anything I have ever read. Let me know what you think. I may have to check out the other ones. I didn't know there were 2 others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?   What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is everyone reading (or listening to) this week?
Page 1 of 1