Scrapbook It, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Scrapbookers!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with starting a scrapbook????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rakassanprincess2010

Help with starting a scrapbook???? Empty
PostSubject: Help with starting a scrapbook????   Help with starting a scrapbook???? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:36 am

My husband is deployed to Afghanistan and while he was gone I told him I would make a scrapbook of the things that happened while he was gone.. My problem is I don't know where to begin????? I have only made a couple of scrapbook pages so if anyone can help me come with some ideas it would be greatly appreciated thank u so much...
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a scrapbook????   Help with starting a scrapbook???? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:56 pm

What if you keep a journal of differnet things that you experience and the way your little fellow is changing while your husband is away. You could write a paragraph every week if you don't want to write something every day. Take what you write and add pictures of some of the things that happened during the time that you wrote about. Make sure to snap pictures every week of you and your son as well as other family and friends to add to your pages. Your journaling could even be in letter form if that would make it easier for you to think what you want to record.

Another idea that I have is to print off some calendar pages from your computer and write down anything that you want to remember on the day that it happens, or if there is to much to fit on the calendar space write it down on another paper and attach to the side of that month's calendar and then put pictures of that month on the next page and on the page around the calendar. You might even want to do more pages if there is a month that there are a lot of events you want to record. Make sure you record the day to day things that you do too not just the special occasions.

Best of luck with this project. It will be a treasure to your husband and to yourself and your son.
Back to top Go down
linda
Scrapper
Scrapper

PostSubject: Beginning a scrapbook   Help with starting a scrapbook???? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Ronda,

That was a great response for starting scrapbooking! I wanted to respond but did not know how to put it in words. your idea is the best and easiest method I have heard.

linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with starting a scrapbook????   Help with starting a scrapbook???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with starting a scrapbook????
Page 1 of 1