Scrapbook It, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Scrapbookers!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Deeds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Samz
Mod
Mod

Good Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Good Deeds   Good Deeds I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 1:40 am

I thought I would issue a weekly "Good Deed" challenge. In a world where our moral standards are constantly declining and all we ever hear is negativity, I'm ready for a change. I would love to see everyone do, at least, one Good Deed a week and post it here. Not for praise or a pat on the back, but to show encouragement. If you know me, then you have heard me say several times, "scrapbookers are good people" and together we can make a difference!!

Here's my Good Deed for the week: My husband has been working extremely hard the last few weeks. I decided it would be a big help to him if I mowed the lawn today. Thankfully the rain held off and I was able to get the whole thing done. He was very happy when he got home. One less thing he has to worry about.

Now it's your turn. Let's change the world one kind act at a time. flower
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

Good Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Deeds   Good Deeds I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Just got time to read your post. Great idea! Along with that lets keep our ears open at crops and classes, and report back if we hear of someone doing something kind and uplifting!
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Good Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Deeds   Good Deeds I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:46 pm

I have seen and heard of several good deeds during the past week. Some of the good deeds must remain private. One deed that I know of involves a woman who dropped everything earlier this week and drove quite a distance to be with a friend whose mother has been moved to hospice this week. The woman that drove there spent her own birthday helping her friend go through the mothers belongings and to make final arrangements for her mother. The two friends have been friends since they worked together many years ago and now they both live in states several hundred miles from where they first met. The daughter of the ill woman lives in a different state than her mother and had to fly down to be with her. If her friend had not come to be with her, she would be dealing with all of this by her self.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good Deeds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good Deeds   Good Deeds I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Deeds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scrapbook It, LLC :: General Discussion-
Jump to: