Scrapbook It, LLC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Scrapbookers!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok guys....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Terry
Admin
Admin

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm

We need some recipes in here. I have been waiting patiently (as my foot is tapping rhythmically on the floor) Smile
Really I know you ladies have some great recipes so share them. Please....
Back to top Go down
http://scrapbookitllc.niceboards.net
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Miniture Lime Pies   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 am

Crust::

1 cup all purpose flour
1 stick of salted butter
1/2 cup water

Cut butter into flour until it resembles fine crumbs. Add water and mix until it all comes together.
Wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight. Roll out on floured
board and cut into circles with cookie cutter. Press circles into miniture muffin pan and refrigerate
for about an hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Cool on wire
rack.

Filling:
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lime juice

Mix together until well blended. Fill pie crust and refrigerate for at least an hour.

This is also good as a whole pie, put then I would use a graham cracker crust.

Right before serving top with whipped cream.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Strawberry Salad   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 am

2 small packages of strawberry jello (Wild strawberry if you can find it is best.)
2 1/2 cups boiling water
1- 10 oz. package of frozen stawberries with juice, thawed
3 bananas, sliced
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup sour cream

Dissolve the jello into the boiling water. Mix in strawberries, bananas and pecans into jello mixture.
Pour half of this mixture into a serving bowl, refrigerate. Reserve the other half until the first half is set.
When mixture is set, top with sour cream then carefully pour remaining mixture on top of sourcream
and return to refrigerator utnil set.

This recipe is one that my mother got when I was a kid. Our family really likes this one a lot.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Ronda,
Those sound great for this hot summer weather that is just ahead!
Back to top Go down
Terry
Admin
Admin

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Ronda, I am so happy you posted some recipes in here. maybe it will prompt others to post some. I'm gonna try the lime thingys except I'm gonna use lemon instead of lime. I've had your strawberry salad. It is very good. I would post something but since I don't really cook I'm kinda left out. Maybe I can talk Bill into posting something. haha.
Back to top Go down
http://scrapbookitllc.niceboards.net
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:48 am

Ronda,

I love a desert you have made several times for Crop night. I think it is Chess Squares maybe? If it isn't a secret recipe, I would love to have that one!
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:55 am

The lime pie is great with lemon, I have made it that way too.

I will get that reciped for the chess squares posted as soon as I can. It is not a secret recipe. I really like to share recipes for things that my friends like that I have made.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 8:03 am

Well ladies this one is not fancy, but it's quick and easy, and kids love it...

Tater Tot Caserole

Ingredients:
1Package Tater Tots
1 to 1 1/2 lb Ground Chuck
1Cup Frozen peas
1Cup Frozen corn
1Can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
Velveeta Cheese

Brown Ground Chuck, drain and set aside. In an ungreased 9X9 Baking Dish put all of the Ground Chuck. Mix together the 1 Cup Peas and 1 Cup of Corn and layer over the Ground Chuck. Next layer on the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Thinly slice enough Velveeta Cheese to cover a layer over the Peas and Corn. Last top with Tater Tots.

Bake at 350 until cheese bubbles and Tater Tots are browned. I often take this to pot lucks because it can easily be doubled. I even bake in a disposable aluminum pan that can be picked up at Dollar General or most supermarkets. That way I have no clean up except the pan to brown the Ground Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Gooey Butter Cake also known as Chess Squares   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:24 pm

1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
1 cup chopped nuts
1 stick of margarine
1 egg, beaten

1 box powdered sugar
1 - 8 oz. pakage cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten

Combine first 4 ingredients; mix till crumbly and pack in a 9 X 13 pan.
In mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and eggs with electric mixer.
Pour over first mixture (cake batter) and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cool before cutting.

I have never put the nuts in my cake. It probably would be good with them. Momma
never did, so I don't either.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

The best recipes in my book aren't fancy, just things that are good to eat and not to difficult to make.
Back to top Go down
scrappintammy
Mod
Mod
scrappintammy

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for posting that recipe I requested. Very Happy

Hope some others post more great recipes! It's good to have new things to prepare, because I get into a pattern of fixing the same foods all the time. I know my family gets bored!
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:50 am

We all get into ruts when it comes to cooking I think. I may try a version of your tator tot casserole recipe some time soon. My husband does not like mushrooms and he can detect the smallest pieces of them in anything I make, so if a recipe calls for mushrooms or mushroom soup, I have to leave it out if I am making it for him. When I cook for the whole family, I can make some dishes with mushrooms, because some of us do enjoy them very much.
Back to top Go down
linda
Scrapper
Scrapper

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: receipe swap   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:54 pm

ronda,

you have inspired me with your receipes. they sound great. i have to get together some receipes for a church cook book by sunday. i will post some of them later.
Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Chip oatmeal Muffins   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup quick oats
1 cup chocolate chips

In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with applesauce to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and chips. Fill greased or paper lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Yield; 12 muffins.

I baked the ones for the weekend crop in miniture muffin pans and it took 15 minutes or so for them to bake. Also, I substituted white chocolate chips for the regular chips in one of the batches. These are also good with pecans add in to the mix too. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
lolly
Scrappy Too
Scrappy Too
lolly

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Ok Terry I'm sure every one knows this one but I tell you its great to munch on when you are in to something so here it is
good luck
3 c. Cinnamon Chex cereal
3 c. Rice Chex cereal
1 c. walnut pieces
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. groun nutmeg
2 c. dried or freeze dried apples, coarsely chopped (I found these near the raisins in Wal-Mart)
1 c. white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
1 tsp shortening

1.) In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and walnuts
2.) In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger, & nutmeg uncovered for about 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until smooth and bubbly. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
3.) Microwave uncovered on High 4 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Sprinkle apples evenly over cereal mixture.
4.) In small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips and shortening uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chips can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over cereal mixture; let stand until set. Break into bite-sized pieces. Store in airtight container

Back to top Go down
Ronda
I got glue in my veins
I got glue in my veins

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 pm

That recipes sounds wonderful . I don't believe I have ever had it. Since I am not suppose to eat chocolate the vanilla chips are right up my alley.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ok guys.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok guys....   Ok guys.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok guys....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Scrapbook It, LLC :: Recipe Swap-
Jump to: